I have a live caller survey campaign in mind to conduct in June and these would be the questions that will help me figure out if it makes sense to do it.
1) Is it possible to record the calls in Voicent? or do I need other software to do that?
Yes, you can record calls (calls that connected to an agent) either manually or automatically. For automatic call recording, you need dedicated cloud account.
2) Also, can I local Canadian number from you or do I need to purchase that separately?
When you add “inbound call center with phone number” option to your account, you will get a dedicated phone number, in the area code (US or Canada) you choose.
3) If I have three out going lines but I want each line to have the same caller ID, do I need to pay for 3 caller IDs or only one?
Only one. Caller ID is per account.
4) If I purchase the two way texting, do I also need to pay for the caller ID or is that included then as I have the line?
For “2-way text with phone number”, it comes with a dedicated phone number (caller ID), the same way as the dedicated phone number for voice calls. People can text you back to that phone number.
5) What happens if I get multiple inbound calls at once? Do they get a busy signal? I want to send all my inbound calls directly to voice mail?
It depends on how many inbound voice channels you have. The base option comes with 1 line/channel, but you can add more channels to it ($7 per month per channel). Let’s say you have a total of 5 channels, then the system can handle 5 simultaneous calls. The 6th call coming in the same time will get a busy tone.
6) Can your system automatically transcribe voicemails and send them to an email?
No, we do not do voicemail transcribe and voicemail to email.
7) Can you explain pay as you go minutes verses a calling plan? If I have a plan how long do the minutes last? What if I run out, do I drop to pay as you go rates? (I think I’ll likely need the 25,000 minutes).
The difference the the per minute rate and whether you have a commitment to the call volume. For pay as you go, your calls are charged at 4 cents per minute. This is suitable for low call volume customers. If you know you will make 25,000 or more minutes per month, then choose the 25,000 minute package. The calls will be charged at 1.5 cents. That will be a good saving over the pay as you go plan. But please note, if you cannot use up all the minutes, it will not rollover to the next month.
Can I switch to a smaller plan at the end of my calling? I need to keep the line active for 3 months after a campaign ends but all it does is sit there for the last two months and maybe get some accidental dials.
As long as you are on a monthly plan, you can change the plan every month.
9) What tax will be charged on my plan?
No. All charges are included in the monthly subscription fee and usage fee (calling package).