- Jeanne Thompson on New Voicent publication: How VoIP helps build Call Centers faster, cheaper and better
- Hellen Ramirez on Bandwidth has two numbers to care about
- new to this dialer software on Automatically “check in” with customers every month
- Voicent Customer Service on Have a complaint about Voicent?
- Larry on Have a complaint about Voicent?
Monthly Archives: October 2011
The Federal Communications Commission has declined to exclude VoIP from new disabled-person access rules for the protocol and the advanced devices that use. Exemptions or waivers from the rules had been requested by the National Cable and Telecommunications Association. The … Continue reading
In a recent Mashable.com article, marketing and technology guru Chris Moody offers three uncommonly-known reasons that small businesses should choose VoIP: 1) No More Wonky Phone Switches VoIP enables you to get rid of the closet full of hardware and wires, … Continue reading
The Federal Communications Commission has clarified a recent order that was widely misinterpreted as requiring all cell phones to have GPS by 2018. Last month, the FCC issued an update to its E911 requirements, which some believed would require handset makers … Continue reading