Setting up Voicent with Asterisk/FreePBX
hello voicent, I have an asterisk box with freepbx. Inside the asterisk/freepbx I can create an extension and my password. How do I plug those in as I do not see asterisk/freepbx under the phone call setup wizard, please help, thanks.
Setting up the “Voicent Gateway” with Asterisk is really easy, and I will demonstrate that to you here.
Please follow the steps below:
- Navigate to your “FreePBX” administration page
- Go to “Applications” in the top left, select “Extensions”
- Select your extension on the top right
- Write down your “User Extension” and the “Secret”
- Write down the IP Address or website that is your Asterisk/FreePBX system
Now that we have the required information, lets open the “Voicent Gateway” and follow the below steps:
- On the “Voicent Gateway” please go to “Setup” and then “Options”
- Select the “SIP” tab
- Select “Add…” on the right hand side.
Enter the following information:
- Display Name: Anything
- SIP ID/User ID: Extension
- Domain: IP Address or Domain of Asterisk/FreePBX
- Authorization User: Extension
- Password: Secret
Also, if you are not using this for incoming calls, then un-check “Register with domain to receive incoming calls”.
Select the number of lines you want to use that extension for, and select “OK” then “Apply” changes.
You should be able to make phone calls through the BroadcastByPhone, and Agent Dialer software!