Share This Post:
Example of running multiple Skype instances under Vista
Windows Vista is more restrictive and so is Skype software. It is more tedious to run it under Windows Vista, but you should still be able to run multiple instances of Skype. The example here assumes you want to run a 4-line system using Skype.
If you anticipate heavy usage on your Skype account, please take a look at Skype Fair Usage Policy and Blocked Skype Account. We strongly recommend use a separate Skype account for each line and setup Interval dialing on Voicent Gateway. Fail to do so might risk your account being blocked by Skype.
Create multiple Windows user account and setup Skype
You need 4 Windows user accounts to run 4 Skype instances. Assume you have downloaded and setup Skype on your own account already. Now you need to create 3 additional Windows accounts.
1. Select User Accounts under Windows Control Panel. Click Manage Another Account and then click Create a new account. Please follow the on screen instructions to create a new account. Let’s assume you call this account skype1
2. Login to the newly created account skype1. When logged in, you should see Skype icon on your desktop and Voicent Gateway running. Click the Skype icon to start the program, sign in using your Skype account or a different Skype account. You can try to make a few test calls using Skype.
3. Click Voicent Gateway icon, click the Stop and Start button to restart the gateway. The first time you run, you will see a new Skype event asking whether you allow another program (vxengine.exe) to access Skype. Please select “allow this program to access skype”. You only need to do this authorization once for the same program. Now you have setup a new user account and Skype.
4. Repeat Steps 1 to 3 to create two more Windows user account, say skype2 and skype3
Run Voicent Gateway with multiple Skype instances
Once you have setup additional Windows accounts, you can now run Voicent Gateway with multiple Skype instances:
1. Windows starts. Login to your own Windows account. Start Skype and sign in.
2. From Windows Start button, select Switch User. Log in using skype1, start Skype, sign in.
3. From Windows Start button, select Switch User. Log in using skype2, start Skype, sign in.
4. From Windows Start button, select Switch User. Log in using skype3, start Skype, sign in.
5. From Windows Start button, select Switch User. Log in using your own account.
6. Click on Voicent Gateway icon, click the Stop and Start button to restart Voicent Gateway. Now you should have the gateway running and connected to 4 running Skype instances.
7. If you have BroadcastByPhone running already, please make sure to quit the program and start again.
Share This Post: